Connect with us


American Football: Insightful Tips For Beginners



Unlike other games, American football is a difficult game, that requires intensive physicality, strategic thinking as well as teamwork. Below are a few useful tips, according to that will help you become a better player when you are starting.

  1. Practice Makes Perfect

The best way to perfect any skill you’re learning is by practicing a lot. It doesn’t matter what you do.  Whether you play football, teach, or write books. The more you spend time on the football field, the better you’re able to perform during actual matches. Ensure you’re always present for practice sessions with your team, and try to do some extra work on your own. It can be before training or after training.

It’s also a way to show your coach how devoted and committed you are to the team. When you’re free, you can look for a partner who may help you practice the basic skills: catching, passing, blocking, tackling, and much more.

  1. Learn the Rules First

Learn the rules before you can start playing the game. This doesn’t mean grasping the basics alone. Learn specific aspects of the game. Simply put, know all the rules. What should you do with the ball after picking it? What can an opponent do? The better you understand the rules, the higher your chances of winning the game.

  1. Use Proper Gaming Gear

Football accessories are crucial when it comes to playing the game. Try your best and buy top-quality football equipment. If you have any difficulties choosing, you can walk into giant sport gear companies such as Nike, Under Armor, Oakley, and others.

  1. Work On your Strength and Pace

Enroll in a gym. Emphasize improving your strength and mass, speed, and agility. Keep in mind that the goal is to boost your performance, but not to have a perfect body, as most beginners think. The best idea is to craft a workout plan since it will enable you to evaluate your success, and allow you to maintain consistency.

  1. Eat Well

A football player needs to be strong. Apart from exercise, you maintain the right dieting for a stronger body. Training gives you only 20% of muscle growth, while the rest, 80%, depends on the food you eat. That’s why you need to be careful about whatever you eat. Protein boosts muscle growth. You can use a simple formula to calculate the amount of protein you need.

Moderately active people, like beginners, usually exercise 5 to 7 times a week, which includes weight training 3-4 times a week. To know the number of grams of protein to eat daily, they should multiply their weight, in pounds, by 0.6.

  1. Play and Don’t Compete With Anyone

Enjoy every game you play. Keep enjoying the difficulty of the game as well as the new challenges brought by every game. If you ace all games, it’s wise to consider playing for a team in an upper-division. You can only learn, grow, and be a better player by facing the challenges brought by the game.

  1. Get Enough Sleep

Sleep is crucial for your health. 90% of healing occurs while you’re asleep. Ensure you have a schedule of your everyday sleep, and most important, sleep enough hours before the game. Don’t consume alcohol, since it affects your sleep, as well as the production of testosterone, which aids in muscle growth and energy.


Mudassar Hassan brings 8 years of experience in helping grass roots, mid-sized organizations and large institutions strengthen their management and resource generating capacities and effectively plan for the future. He is also a mentor and professional advisor to artists working in all disciplines. He is also the gold medalist from Abbottabad University of Science and Technology in the Bachelors of Sciences of Computer Science and recently Graduated from the University of Bolton with Masters in International Management.