MIS is an abbreviation of Managed Internet Service which is typically designed for schools in Queensland, Australia. The educational department in Queensland is functioning on a free of cost model. This means, children are taught with the help of a free educational system and are supported by the Australian government.
Queensland schools are funded by the government of Australia and have a diverse and massive educational system. There are many educational plans in Australia (executed with the support and funding of government) but MIS webmail was formulated only for schools that exist in Queensland.
What is a MIS Webmail or EQ Webmail?
Primarily, it is an online service for the students and general public of Queensland state. The Australian government and administrative services are the sole authority of this webmail service.
It is a platform that is specifically designed for educational purposes for people and students of Queensland. By the help of EQ webmail Australian government train and deliver lectures.
EQ webmail however serves two purposes: free education for all and a system for free of cost online education. Primary education is the EQ webmail is provided free but when extra services are involved (school photos, textbooks, magazines, etc.) then an extra fee is applied.
Aim and Objective of MIS Webmail and EQ Webmail:
EQ (Education Queensland) webmail or MIS webmail both have the same purpose – to provide essential tools to small-scale businesses. This means the education, tutorials, and training will help these businesses to use different types of technology to keep control of businesses from sites.
Google account as well as Microsoft can also be used by those who use MIS or EQ webmail system. Many tasks like altering data and controlling data can be carried out with these systems.
How to Work on MIS Webmail?
Here, in this article, we tend to bring awareness about the MIS webmail, how it works, and the basic mailing procedure using the system. MIS webmail is an email address that is given to students in Queensland. The very same email address is utilized for both, communication and identification purposes (on student websites from where they acquire free online training).
Like any other operating system for emails, MIS webmail is attained through the provision of information, password, and email address. This is one of the easiest ways to access MIDS webmail and it is merely because it functions exactly like any other email service.
How to Login to MIS Webmail?
To login to MIS webmail, you are required to follow the steps mentioned below. These steps are made easy for you by the educational system that prevails in Queensland.
Step 1: Visit this link http://webmail.eq.edu.au/. You will land on the homepage of a website.
Step 2: Then, fill out the requirements to open an account on MIS webmail. This step will need your username and password.
NOTE: To create an account only two steps are required. However, in cases where you forget username or password, certain actions are important.
- In case you forget the password or username, simply make use of Google accounts or Microsoft account. Remembering and recalling their passwords is a must to enter MIS webmail.
- Another way to handle the situation is to choose Queensland Government aka QG account. To do so, you can click on the “log in” tab with the Queensland Government account.
- For secure webmail on the MIS system, you will be asked for a contact number. After providing one valid contact number, you will be able to create a new QG account.
- You will receive a confirmation code on the number provided. Verify it and you are good to start using an MIS webmail or the QG account.
Identification Process in MIS Webmail
We have some steps to explain that will surely solve the query. In this fast-paced digital era, everything is done digitally as online and you don’t have to go to any nearby store to get verification. Keeping that in mind, we have solutions to process identification smoothly. However, you have to keep documents handy at the time of the verifying process.
Step 1: The first step in the verification process is to provide them with two things: the date of birth and name (first, middle, and last).
Step 2: Click on the “documents” option.
Step 3: Provide all the docs which are required. However, you must bear in mind that federally issued docs must be provided.
Step 4: 100 points must be completed and each document has specified points. The goal is to complete a total of 100 points.
Step 5: Once all these requirements are provided, there will be a wide range of fields on the screen. Press on the “hint” tab if you don’t know about them. That will enable you to follow instructions on what sort of info is needed.
Step 6: After completing the first 5 steps, you will be asked to prove the authenticity of docs. This however can only be done with the help of reference numbers on each doc.
Step 7: Since everything is documented online and if it verifies to the existing doc and details, you will be granted to make use of the MIS webmail. Otherwise, you will be taken on the previous step where you have to give information again.
Step 8: If and when all the information of documents is matched, you will receive verification and then will be able to pass the identification test.
Note: Your information and document data are safe in this process. It is because nothing is stored and there is zero chance of misuse of the information.
Learner Unique Identifier (LUI) Resetting of Password
It is pretty obvious that the students who use MIS webmail or any of such websites must possess a strong password. Why it is so? Well, it is so that the account isn’t hacked. Webmail accounts are only for students and nobody else. Therefore, only the owner of an account must be able to log in to the system.
What if someone forgets the password to the webmail system? Is the user stuck forever and has to create a new account? In such scenarios, there are two options users can try. You can use the date of birth or address to access MIS webmail. Another way out is to edit account details. For that, you will be required to follow the different procedures mentioned below.
Procedure 1: Use Date of Birth to Login
- First of all, visit the website http://webmail.eq.edu.au/.
- Then, click on the password after giving the correct date of birth.
- You will log in without any issue and quickly.
Procedure 2: Log in with User Name
- Visit the web link.
- Click on the option that says “Forgotten Password”.
- Enter username.
- There are two ways to recover the forgotten password. First is by the use of an email or message (live chat).
- If you have chosen the “message” option then naturally there is going to be a wait for some time. After which you will receive the OTP code. This code will allow you to create a new and stronger password. Write that password somewhere handy where only you have access.
- However, if the mail option is selected, then you should open the mail. You will receive mail option in the mail. So, the steps are going to be simple in which you have to open the mail. Press change password. Change the password. And you are good to use the new password.
What is MIS Gateway?
Australia has many states; however, Queensland is one of the major states. In Queensland, there are many educational institutes. When it comes to schools in Queensland, there is a variety of schools. For example, Queensland Public School, Queensland Government School, and more. Each school has separate needs and requirements. Every single of them assigns tasks and homework. Queensland schools have extreme worth and credibility. MIS gateway and other services of MIS are given to those students who are registered or enrolled in these schools. Students work online where educational tasks, homework, assignments, etc. are mailed on the official MIS webmail website.
Make New Account on Webmail
The government of Queensland has provided details of how to create online webmail. Since it is a digital era and people find it easy to use iPad or iPhone to create an account, we have mentioned the procedure for the same devices.
Step 1: The first step is to go to the setting. Then, look for options on the left side. These options will appear once you scroll down the setting option.
Step 2: On the right side of the panel you must select calendar, contacts, and mails. All of these should be done with great care.
Step 3: Since you are creating a new account, you click on the “add account”.
Step 4: You will see “another” option on the screen. Click on that option.
Step 5: Then, “add mail account” should be clicked.
Step 6: In this step, you are required to provide complete information (address, email, password, full name).
Step 7: Click on the “next” tab. It will redirect you to another window.
Step 8: In this step, you should choose the type of POP account you want to open. Provide user name, name of the host, and write EQ or MIS login ID.
Step 9: Then, click on the option “save”. By doing so you will be able to create an account.
Some other tips that can help in creating an account will help you in using the account. They are mentioned here;
- In case the password or the email has to be changed then you should follow more instructions.
- To do so, just open your current account. Scroll down towards the end. There you will see an option for advanced settings. Click on that option.
- Go on the setting and choose “delete”. This will help in changing the server. At this point, delete from server will pop up as in it will open up and from there it is easy to proceed.
- Select “innovative” and it will take you back to the previous page. Choose for 7 days. On the seventh day select the “delete” option.
- The last step would be to choose an MIS webmail and click on the “done” option.
Advantages of MIS Webmail
MIS webmail has several advantages but only the important ones are mentioned below;
- Messages are conveyed to the user; which is the core idea of customized emails.
- The user is traced through the email address.
- The entire organization can know the sender which is very crucial in large setups.
- This system creates a better understanding and harmony between MIS webmail administration and students.
- Communication within the organization is faster.
Salient Features of MIS Webmail
- Deals with a variety of applications.
- Mandatory induction in the form of a program is there in the system.
- Exclusive infrastructure.
- It has an educational department.
- Grants funding programs.
MIS webmail serves the purpose and the government of Australia has done the best thing in this regard. Students usually receive lectures, texts, books, and other educational activities on the MIS webmail. The online system is not just efficient but very effective too.
Furthermore, we have provided you with the best and most accurate information on how to open an MIS webmail account, what to do if you forget the username or password, and other necessary details. Also, we have mentioned the process of identification.